What does a day as a penetration tester at Wildcard look like? You will work on blue and red team projects, testing the web applications of our clients and as well as our own. You will use penetration tools to simulate real life cyber attacks with the ultimate aim of helping an organization to improve its security. Documentation explaining your methods and findings to our clients is a critical part of this position. You are a subject matter expert that can talk to clients or groups to make them better informed and secure.
Here at Wildcard, innovation and problem-solving are at the core of what we do. If you are a motivated, self-starter who is ready to learn, take on new challenges, and can effectively collaborate on projects, you just might be the next addition to our team we are looking for!
Why should you work at Wildcard? Our office environment is unique and provides many benefits. Not only can you flex your schedule and work hours as needed, but we don't require our salaried staff to punch a clock. We firmly believe in giving our staff the freedom and flexibility they need to take care of their personal lives. We offer a full health insurance plan with dental, personal time off and paid holidays.
This is a full-time position with full benefits. You must be a U.S. Citizen to be considered for this position due to contracting requirements. No one on a Visa will be considered.
- Perform formal penetration tests on web-based applications, networks and computer systems to include Windows environments
- Threat modeling
- Determine methods that attackers could use to exploit weaknesses and logic flaws
- Employ social engineering to uncover security holes
- Perform security reviews of application designs, source code and deployments as required, covering all types of applications (web application, web services, mobile applications, SaaS)
- Perform Physical security reviews
- Participate in Security Assessments and IT auditing of networks, systems and applications
- Use, design and create penetration tools and tests
- Follow industry best practice methodologies when conducting testing
- Document findings for management and technical staff as well as recommend mitigating actions.
- Prepare reports for clients of vulnerabilities found and proposed solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Security or Web Development or commensurate experience.
- Experience developing/customizing exploits
- Experience evaluating the security of ICS/SCADA devices
- Experience Reverse Engineering Protocols to find weaknesses
- Experience bypassing security controls
- Working knowledge of security principles, techniques and technologies
- Experience with various security tools and products
- Strong analytical skills and efficient problem solving
- Ability to work independently
- Experience creating or operating a lab for security testing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Has or is working towards one of the following certifications: OSCP, OSCE, GPEN, GWAPT, GXPN
- 3-5 years working in Information Technology field
- Must be a US citizen
- Competitive compensation
- Healthcare with Dental
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick days
- Paid holidays
- Flexible schedule
- Relocation assistance available
- This position may have the ability to work remotely, but we prefer that you be located in Wisconsin.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position, please send us your resume and a cover letter describing why you think you'd be a good fit for this position. Please include a link to your GitHub profile if you have one. Your application subject line should read: Resume for Penetration Tester 2019.
PDF files are the preferred format for electronic application submissions. Electronic applications can be submitted to the email address listed at the top of our Current Job Listings page.
All applicants will have to pass a background check and qualify for employment with E-verify.
Wildcard Corp. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. The policy of Wildcard Corp is to fully comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations in regards to non-discrimination in the workplace. It shall be the policy of Wildcard Corp to not discriminate due to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, national origin, disability, age, military status or veteran status.
Principals only, staffing agencies do not contact
Must be a US citizen