What does a day as a Web Developer at Wildcard look like?
You will work as part of a dedicated team working with the Python language on a daily basis to support our clients. Solving problems and creating new solutions are the main focuses of this position with some management tasks mixed in. You will be assisting the team lead in tasking priorities and helping to cultivate tickets for the team. You are a bastion of knowledge, acting as a resource for the team while working with high value customers.
This position would require that the right individual to know and be experienced with the Python Programming language. You would also need to immerse yourself in the open source Plone Content Management System (CMS) along with our customized version, Castle CMS. Learning the ins and outs, configurations and abilities of both.
Here at Wildcard, innovation and problem-solving are at the core of what we do. If you are a motivated, self-starter who is ready to learn, take on new challenges, and can effectively collaborate on projects, you just might be the next addition to our team we are looking for!
Why should you work at Wildcard?
Our office environment is unique and provides many benefits. Not only can you flex your schedule and work hours as needed, but we don't require our salaried staff to punch a clock. We firmly believe in giving our staff the freedom and flexibility they need to take care of their personal lives. We offer a full health insurance plan with dental, personal time off and paid holidays.
Learn more about at what its like to work at Wildcard on our Company Culture page.
This is a full-time position with full benefits. You must be a U.S. Citizen to be considered for this position due to contracting requirements. No one on a Visa will be considered.
- Develop, test and maintain custom web applications for clients and corporate use
- Provide programming solutions for enterprise level customers
- Be part of high level time sensitive support for major customers
- Work with project managers, programmers, systems developers, and web designers throughout the website development process
- Perform daily/weekly reviews of systems as needed to maintain uptime
- Developing, testing, and maintaining applications
- Document procedures and testing of software
- Support of diverse platforms and frameworks
- Provides guidance and leadership to team members
- Researching news and techniques in software design and development
- Proactive and self directed
- Proficient understanding of Python and common web frameworks such as Pyramid, Django, and Angular
- Experience with content management systems preferred such as Plone
- Has experience with open source
- Experience working in diverse teams
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Knowledge of GIT a plus
- Understanding fundamental design principles in web software development
- Understanding of DNS, HTTP, proxies and CDN's
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science with a minimum of two (2) years of experience
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check
- Must be able to work at our Stevens Point offices
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Vacation
- Sick Days
- Flexible Schedule
- Relocation assistance available
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to us.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email address listed at top of 'current-listings' page in PDF format. The subject line should read: Resume for Experienced Developer 2020.
All applicants will have to pass a background check as well as qualify for employment with E-verify.
Wildcard Corp. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The policy of Wildcard. Corp. is to fully comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations in regards to non-discrimination in the workplace. It shall be the policy of Wildcard Corp. to not discriminate due to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, national origin, disability, age, military status, or veteran status.
Principals only. Staffing agencies do not contact
No call centers